How to cope during Quarantine

Friday, April 10, 2020

So we are in the midst of a global pandemic and uncertainty is floating all around us. I hope you are all keeping safe. It is almost the end of week 3 of quarantine for me and since school has been closed, I have gone from constantly being glued to the BBC News channel to now hardly watching the tv. I thought during this time it would be a great time to catch up with my blog and with that I thought to share my top 5 tips of coping with being "stuck" at home.

Image by Alexey Hulsov from Pixabay
1. Have a routine - planning is at the heart of what I do. Create a daily plan which outlines how you will spend your time throughout the day - this could be the same each day or you could have variations throughout the week.

2. Exercise - even if this is 10 mins or an hour in the morning, exercising is something that could get you pumped and ready for your day ahead. You can find great home routines on Youtube or Instagram.

3. Meditate - you would be surprised how anxiety can creep in very quickly, so spending the last couple of minutes before bed could create a sense of calm. I use the Breethe app which has been quite good for me.

4. Sign up to a free online course - now is the time to take up a bit of programming or find out more about entrepreneurship. You can find free courses that are being curated by reputable universities. Harvard University currently has lots of free courses online - simply google: free online courses in the discipline you're after.

5. Block Negativity - If it means do not remain glued to the news, or constantly scroll through social media sites, try and minimise the amount of negativity you allow in your space on a daily basis as this is directly linked to feeling anxious and overwhelmed.

I hope these tips will be useful to you as they have been for me. Again, please be sure to keep safe.


Thank you to all NHS EMPLOYEES and ALL ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL - You have been Amazing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!