My "Plush" Bedroom Moodboard

Sunday, November 15, 2015


Well HELLLOOOOOO there, jees I'm sure I've been gone for a hot minute. The last post I published informed you that I was in the middle of a "shake up", but although I'm not fully settled yet, I just had an itch this morning to write something. So part of the reason for not blogging for a while had to do with me improving my space - mentally and physically.

Both my bedroom and office/closet space needed a sprucing up so for the last 6 months I have been a regular stalker on websites such as Pinterest Houzz and anything interior design related.

As I am renting there's only so much I could have done to my space, however, my landlord who might I add is A TOTAL LEGEND, told me I could do whatever I pleased. Although I had the green light, I still kept my update reasonable enough, as after all, it's not my house. 

I have been in love with grey for what feels like a very long time now, to the point that I decided that my entire colour scheme for my house when I buy it will be different shades of that neutral colour. After sooooo many trips to Homebase and multiple paint swatches later, I decided on a matt emulsion colour - Egyptian Cotton by Dulux.

Swatch of Egyptian Cotton by Dulux

I have already painted the walls and as a contrast I had decided to paint the ceiling and trims in the colour Brilliant White.

Now it was a struggle deciding on this as because I have an East facing room (yes I properly went in on light and colour theory) I am suppose to embrace greens and blues. Well being the rebel I am I opted for Greige - although, in different lights you get a blueish tint of grey and a yellowish tint of grey.

Now that painting is out of the way thank goodness, I have put together a little inspiration board of the vision I have for my bedroom. I have opted for something quite plush boudoir "esque" with a very neutral palette. I have decided to play a little with texture so that it doesn't appear too monotone as the colours will ultimately be from the same family. Hope you like...

My Bedroom Moodboard - created using Olioboard
If you are interested in creating your own Mood Board try using Olioboard (and before you ask, no this is not a sponsored post). I found it to be quite good and although it is dedicated to items in the US, it's great for creating a 2D or 3D design before you actually take the leap.



Are you planning on doing a DIY soon? 
What is your design Inspo for that room?





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. everything is so beautiful! my room is in serious need of a makeover as well, i still have a lot of cleaning to do first though!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they. I love a little DIY but it's always so time consuming haha...I have been working on it forEVER...I am going to try and get it all done before Christmas fingers crossed - you should see it now, boxes everywhere :-l

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!