My Skin Care Regime - Exfoliate: Loving Lush Products

Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's official I'm an old fart...I finally found a grey hair yesterday...drops mic record scratches!!!! WTH

I have been missing for almost a week now and I have only managed to squeeze a minute in for a quick blog post now. I previously did a post about my Cleansing and Moisturising Routine (see post here) about a week ago (que dance interlude lol) and thought it would be good to write a part two of my skin care regime and cover the exfoliation of my skin.

I have been having a love affair with Lush for the last couple of months and their products have officially become staples in my skin care regime. I knew I had to not only focus on cleansing and moisturising my skin since "my butt be gettin old n ish," but equally needed to introduce exfoliating ever so often to get rid of those dead cells. I had fallen in love with Lush's Mask of Magnaminty and decided I wanted more - drum rolls....I now have an obsession with their Ocean Salt Face Scrub and Bubblegum Lip Scrub.


Ocean Salt Face Scrub (£7.75, 120g, from Lush)
Anything with vodka wins the vote for me lol but seriously this face scrub is like no other. I didn't
know just how good it would have been after the sales assistant tested it on my hand in the shop but I was in for a treat. You are greeted with a blue and oatmeal(ish) looking colour along with the smell of limes, the roughness from the sea salt to get rid of your dead skin but left with a soothing feeling from the avocado and coconut oil. This scrub can be used both on dry (for a harsher exfoliation) and wet (for a more gentle exfoliation) skin, but regardless of your choice, you WILL get only one result - buffed, soft and supple skin. I have been using this at least 2 times a week, however, if my face feels like it has more build up than usual I may do an additional scrub. I'm already hitting pan on my current small pot, but will be re-purchasing the bigger size as I literally go through this product and it's been only 5 weeks. Another win for Lush.




Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£5.50, 25g, from Lush)
I have wanted to try this lip scrub forEVER and managed to bag myself a tub when I purchased the above product. I suffer a lot from chapped lips and I know it's because I am always dehydrated (yes yes I know I need to drink more water) - I'm doing better as lemon water and my juicing seem to be helping a lot; I digress...This little scrub works wonders on your lips. It took me a few times over to rule my verdict on it, as I found there was not much exfoliation going on - more eating than scrubbing haha. Once I got a hang on the "most to make out of this scrub," my lips just felt uber kissable each time. As with most scrubs you get the initial rough feeling, but this scrub have you left with the softest feeling on your lips and the sweetest smell. I usually do this as I shower so my lips are buffed before I start my makeup. Perfect product if you are looking to have your lipstick or gloss glide on, although, I think it should come with a warning label of being yummy enough to eat haha.




What are some of your Favourite Exfoliating Products?
Are you a fan of Lush? What would you recommend?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your photos are amazing! I have the Valentine's edition lip scrub and it's odd having sugar and sweet but it's lovely!

    Laura x
    www.laurahadley.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Laura, I simply cannot help but eat this lip scrub haha it's too funny xx

      Delete
  2. Was lovely chatting with you on Twitter tonight! Your blog is lovely, and your photos are gorgeous! Excuse me while I go and read all the posts in your photography series :) xxx
    www.chibbybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Libby, it was lovely chatting to you too tonight - hope you enjoy the browse haha xx

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!