Camera Shy Take 52 - Week 10 - MAC Pigment in Rose

Monday, April 06, 2015

I seriously feel like I am going backwards with keeping up with posting my photography journey, I mean the focus for week 10 which was 2 weeks ago, was "Backwards" and I immediately knew I wanted to shoot some Macro images. Only one problem - I do not own a Macro Lens, so being resourceful I decided to use my kit lens, but by flipping it backwards unattached. I decided to shoot some of my pigments "Through the Lens Backwards."


I originally purchased this pigment for my Birthday last year where I had a complete obsession with Rose Gold. As I was wearing all white, I wanted something a little different from your typical gold - and knew I found it when I stumbled upon a Smokey Rose Gold Tutorial by
the lovely BeautybyLee.

Immediately I went to Mac and purchased the pigment in Rose - at £17 a pop I thought it was quite expensive in comparison to my Barry M Dazzle Dusts at £4.59 each, BUT when I saw it, the price tag immediately became a distant memory.


As with any item from Mac, you get what you pay for. I am yet to be disappointed by the brand and this item was no different. The colour payoff is amazing and due to its versatility, all their pigments can be worn both dry or wet (for an optimum pop of colour and to minimise fall out). You get a LOT of product for £17 - 4.5g worth, so I do not seeing myself ever finishing this in my lifetime (yes I know makeup has an expiration date). 

For this post I tried to recreate the look I went for on my birthday. 




All products used are listed below:

Eyes: 
Lorac Pro Palette
Rimmel London Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Gold
Mac Pigment in Rose, Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Black
Red Cherry Lashes in #WSP
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Very Black

Face: 
Lancome Teint Idol Ultra 24hr Foundation in 12
La Girl Concealer in Toast
Mac Select Cover Concealer NW45
Mac MSF Powder in Dark Deep
Sleek Contour Set in Dark
La Femme Blush in Sienna

Lips: 
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in 06 Mauve Moment











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!