My Skincare Regime - Cleanse & Moisturise: Garnier, La Roche-Posay, Simple...

Sunday, April 05, 2015

I have been meaning to write this post for the LONGEST while but have been trying out so many products in the process I wanted to make sure I had it right before actually settling on these amazing products. So about a little over a year ago I wasn't the biggest advocate of skincare and literally my daily regime was limited to my Simple Pure Soap and Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturising Cream. Now I have sensitive skin and after much trial and error realised that I was only able to use Simple's Pure Soap to shower therefore making it the easiest thing to use of my face right? Wrong!

As my interest grew with makeup so did my realisation that I needed to treat my skin better. Being familiar with the Simple brand and having used it for YEARS I initially purchased their Regeneration Age Resisting Facial Wash, Soothing Toner, Eye Makeup Remover, and Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. Having used these on a daily basis I instantly fell in love. I thought I had it on point...until my facial wash finished. Instead of replacing it I thought ok lets shake it up a little and decided to try my La Roche-Posay items I received at their Serozinc launch event in November last year.


I only needed to try these items once and I knew I had it - I finally found my Skincare Regime!


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.99, 400ml, from Boots.com)
A new addition to my regime, I saw this bottle on offer in Boots for £3 and couldn't pass it up. I have found it to be very gentle on the skin and literally cleans all my makeup off without the need to wash with water or applying any pressure when wiping. I usually apply this to my cotton pads as the first step to cleansing - to clean any excess makeup or grime from the day's activities.



 *La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel (£12 - 200ml, from Feelunique.com)
I was lucky enough to be invited to the La Roche-Posay Launch Event for the Serozinc Spray and received a bag full of goodies. As the second step in my regime, I found this cleansing gel to be A-M-A-ZING my face loves it! It goes on very slippery and doesn't lather which took me a while to get to grips with as I'm use to the typical lathered cleansers, but because of this I have found that it doesn't dry my skin out at all. It has given my face a supple, soft feeling and having used this gel for the past 6-7 weeks already I am seeing a glow to my face. I also love the subtle smell it has - refreshing. Feel Unique were having a skin care event and I managed to bag a bottle for £8, You know me and my bargains so I immediately repurchased (as you can see the bottle is empty in this image) a bottle.



*La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (£15.50 - 40ml, from Feelunique.com)
Also in the goody bag was the Effaclar Duo. It is described as an anti-blemish cream to correct the appearance of blemishes and your skin texture when used over a period of time. Having used this for the same 6 week period and the third step in my regime, I found it to have a lovely citrus smell. The initial application gave me a stinging feeling when applied and I believe that was due to me having unhealed skin from a previous breakout. Once I got over that hurdle, I have had no problems with it. I have noticed there was a little reduction of dark marks  from an earlier breakout that were a bit more visible before I started using. However, although this reduction was very small and nothing major (ie completely gone), it was enough for me to notice. My skin has in fact felt softer and more supple and my pores have appeared to have actually reduced. I usually add this all over my face after I have cleansed with the cleansing gel. Verdict? I also repurchased a bottle for £10 in the Feel Unique event. What I should have done was stock up on these whilst they were reduced - Silly ME!



*La Roche-Posay Serozinc (£8, 150ml, from Feelunique.com)
This was the product of the evening at the launch event and although I didn't know it at the time, this has become one of my staples. I have read reviews of it not being that great and people not liking it at all. It is meant to control oil and give a somewhat mattifying appearance to the skin, however, when I have used it during the days I have found my face to become more oily than usual especially in my T-zone area. Funnily enough I get that mattifying effect during the evenings so as a result, and being the fourth step in my regime, I only use this at night time and if I am in the house for the day - odd I know. I have not repurchased this - AS OF YET - mainly because it still has a bit to go before it is finished. I really like this spray not only because I don't have to fraff about with cotton pads but especially because it doubles not only as a refresher for my face but also as a toner.



Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (£3.99, 125ml, Superdrug.com)
This has been my day one and will ALWAYS be the final step to my regime. I use this moisturiser religiously - I believe this is my third bottle since December last year. Even if I have done a simple cleanse whilst being in the house on a weekend, I always use this moisturiser. My face literally soaks it all up and it adds the right amount of moisture to my skin giving it a fresh and "hydrating" feel without being too heavy. I also use this underneath my makeup which again has proven to not be too heavy and works perfectly for me. This will always be a repeat buy for me. I have gone as far as recommending it to friends which have also fallen in love with it. it is just Simply Kind to your Skin haha.


I have seen a significant change to my skin since using all these products together and feel that (for now) I have found my go to skin care regime. As said before I suffer from sensitive skin so finding products that do not irritate my skin was the core of my search. These products are neither harsh to my skin nor do they break me out which is why I am a happy bunny!


Have you tried any of these products? Your verdict?
What's your Skin Care Regime?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the La Roche Posay brand! I have tried so much of there stuff and find they help my skin so much

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - I'm new to using the brand but I would not have it any other way now!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!