Colours of Spring Edit: 5 Nail Polishes I'm Loving by Collection

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

So it's the First of April - I just love this time of year, don't you?! Not only because the sun is out/the days are longer and I get to fill my house with  my favourite - Tulips, but I get to fully take advantage of infusing colour (that is not black, brown or grey lol) into my style. I especially like the excuse I get to wear them on my nails. So the second installment to my Colours of Spring Edit will be focusing on 5 spring worthy shades of nail polishes from Collection that I purchased recently and that I'm totally loving.


I have an almighty stash of nail polish - probably not as much as the next girl but enough to know I have a problem haha. Being an avid user of Collection's Lasting Gel Colour range (see my first installment; Colours of Spring Edit - Spring Nudes) it was a no brainer that I would have purchased their Work The Colour range immediately.


Just looking at them, they remind me of the Maybelline Colour Show polishes but
although not as extensive in colour range, they are a fraction of the price and pretty darn good. Collection has described them as polishes that are "...high shine, on trend and dries in 60 seconds"


L-R: Pink Cadillac, In the Pink, Neon Pink, Bare Nude, After Dinner Mint

7-After Dinner Mint
3-Bare Nude
5-Neon Pink
1-In the Pink
9-Pink Cadillac

All polishes comes in your standard glass bottle with a black top and white writing stating clearly the collection's name with their individual names and numbers towards the bottom of the cover.

They go on the nail smoothly without any clump and gives just the right amount of shine. Although some shades were found to be more opaque than others I needed two coats to make them completely opaque. I am wearing day 4 nails and I have found that out of all 5 polishes (yes I painted all my nails in different colours to test haha), although with a little colour off the tips 3-Bare Nude had the most staying power on my nails with 1-In the Pink following up closely behind - the others began chipping/stripping after 2 days.


Pro's

23 Shades
Multiple finishes (gloss, pearlescent, metallic and glittery)
Price - at only £1.99 each
Quick Drying
For the price there is good staying power.

Con's (only for some shades purchased)

Opacity is inconsistent however more can be achieved with 2 coats
Brush isn't as wide.

L-R: Pink Cadillac, In the Pink, Neon Pink, Bare Nude, After Dinner Mint

My favourite colour out of the ones I purchased is 3-Bare Nude - I think I have a thing for nudes this Spring haha. Overall I am very pleased with these polishes and think they are definitely worth buying. More so that I find them to be even better than some of my other higher end polishes - Good value for money.


Have you Tried any of Collection's Work the Colour Nail Polishes?
Currently on offer in Boots 3 for 2.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love these colours abd so cheap too!! Im always on the lookout for new polish. May have to invest in this 😆

    Www.amandabootes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such lovely colours, go on get them haha - plus Boots currently have their 3for2 offer on so more for your buck :-)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!