Camera Shy Take 52 - Week 8 - Iced Coffee Recipe

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 8's theme was "Awake" which I have been struggling to do of late. Me being me, I wanted to try a new twist on a cuppa without shelling out a couple of quid in Starbucks and had a good look in my cupboard to see what I could rustle up. Here's my "Recipe to stay Awake."





For aesthetic purposes only, I didn't add whipped cream as a topping in this image as I wanted to capture the movement of the splash when I dropped a roses chocolate in the cup.

As Spring is on our doorstep I will be throwing out the hot drinks and replacing them with something a little more chilled.

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons of your favourite coffee
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup water
Ice cubes

Optional:
Vanilla flavouring
Caramel/Chocolate Syrup

Topping:
Whipped Cream

Note: You do not have to use all of the optional ingredients all at once.

Method:
Add 2 teaspoons of your favourite coffee to a cup of boiling water so the coffee is able to brew. If you are a strong coffee drinker you may add a third teaspoon.

After coffee is brewed and cooled, allow time to chill in fridge.

Once chilled, add brewed coffee, milk, sugar, ice cubes and any optional ingredients to a blender and blend for a minute.

Pour in your favourite glass and add whipped cream to top and enjoy.


This was a very STICKY and MESSY shoot for me in my front room, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.



What other "twist on a traditional hot drink" recipes have you tried?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!