Camera Shy Take 52 - Week 5 - Post Christmas Pressies

Monday, February 16, 2015


This was a BUSY last 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. As it is now half term (trumpet sounds), over the last two weeks I have been inundated with assessments and marking etc. Finally out of the black hole, I have now resurfaced and will bring to you the image I created in Week 5. To put into context we are currently in week 7 of the challenge, this making me two weeks behind on blog posts :-S.

The focus for week 5 was "Against" and
as this KitKat was "Going Against Tradition" with it being green and all - I thought why not!!!

Week 5 - Against - "Going Against Tradition"
So how did I come by this non-traditional KitKat bar you ask? Well, as my friends and I have very busy lifestyles we are never able to synchronise our schedules well enough to see each other regularly, so usually it is in the form of quarterly (or more) meetups. Having missed Christmas with the bestie, Julie from Fashionbeautyacne, we had only managed to do our Christmas pressie swap two weeks ago.

Due to her just getting her mittens into eyeshadows (she has an unreal obsession with lipsticks) I decided to buy her some makeup brushes - from Makeup Revolution and Zoeva. However, as she was lucky enough to spend her Christmas in Hong Kong and Dubai (lucky girl) she picked me up some goodies on her travels. Including the Green Tea flavoured KitKat bar (which went down a treat!!!!!), I received the following items for "Christmas"...


Ikea Skurar Plant Pot - the funny thing is that I had been contemplating getting this for the longest while but as my vanity has been overcrowded I had been putting the purchase on hold - luckily I did as I am so pleased I got this!! I will be using it for the purpose which a million other Beauty Bloggers have used it for - to store my makeup brushes. This is a good multi-purpose storage pot.


Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm "Hydrate" - I have a blog post coming up about these lip balms funnily enough it was my focus for Week 6 of the Take 52 Challenge.


Miniature Sized bottle of Baileys "The Original" Irish Cream - Anybody who knows me well knows I love anything with a bit of rum in it lol...the Jamaican in me!!!




Beauty Grooming Set - Nail Clipper, Nail File, Tweezer and Nail Scissors - These are just adorable!!!!


Accessorize Animal Print Socks (with ears?! lol)....




...and last but certainly not least, a Panda Stationery Booklet. Now no present would be complete if this chick didn't include bloody Pandas lol - her obsession with them and rabbits are out of this world - it's a mixture of different sized post it notes but I will not be using these until I have got my home office sorted so these will be tucked away safely until then.


Thank You Ju B San xoxo


What did you guys get as post Christmas pressies (either from yourself lol or friends/family)?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The pot is super cute! You got some lovely bits x
    em // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :-)...my friend always finds the cutest little gifts to give - I think she has a thing for cute little trinkets haha xx

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!