La Femme Blush Collection

Saturday, September 27, 2014


Upon making the decision to certify as a MUA I thought the best thing to do would be to build my kit slowly. Now I recently stumbled upon some youtube videos where I listened to nothing but good reviews about a company called La Femme Cosmetics that makes some seriously pigmented blushes. From the likes of BeautybyJJ and GossMakeupArtist who swears by these blushes I thought I would try them out.


With everything I am investing in money wise from the inexpensive to the elaborate, I always do my research to ensure I am getting value for money - this is something I preach to my business students that value for money doesn't always constitute as something being cheap!! Boy was I blown away - for the price and 37mm size per pan, you get a lot more product - 5.5grams in comparison to other named brands - and the pigmentation/colour payoff?  I immediately thought this was a no brainer.
Purchased from www.lafemmeblush.co.uk 

As these blushes are readily available in the US (and not in the UK) and are on average $3.50 (Aug 2014) per pan I was ecstatic when I stumbled upon La Femme Blush where you can get these refill pans for a low price of £2.95 (Aug 2014) each from their array of shades. If you are a frequent reader then you know my obsession with warm and earthy tones so you can image the shades I purchased - I also chose a few brighter colours too.

Below are the swatches of the pans I own thus far...I'm missing 4 to complete this palette and I'm sure there will be even more purchases to fill further palettes:-).

Swatches of the more neutral-earthy toned blushes

Swatches of the Purple Blushes

Verdict?

I think it speaks for itself where colour payoff is concerned - the pigmentation is amazing, and the formula is not very chalky either. A soft and subtle look is what I usually go for so I found that I had to be careful with how much product I placed on my brush - a very light hand is needed upon application. However, if subtle is not your thing then this product will NOT disappoint. Based on pigmentation and price I don't think you could go wrong with any of their shades.

As an alternative, if you are not a blush type of girl, you could easily use them as eyeshadows, as with the pigmentation (Jeez how many times can I mention pigmentation lol) I'm sure you could create some really good (eye) looks with them.




Have you tried La Femme Blushes? What's Your Verdict?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!