W7 "In The Buff" Palette

Wednesday, June 18, 2014


I seriously see myself being obsessed with natural/nude palettes - this is the fourth one I have purchased in a matter of weeks. Yes I know, how many do I actually need? I'd rather not answer that! Now if you have read my previous posts I'm sure you get the sense that I am a bit of a bargain hunter and darlings this was only £5.99.


This palette gave me life as for the price I did not regret buying this at all. Having done a few looks with this palette, I was able to perfect (in my opinion) my smokey eye technique (you did NOT want to see it before lol). I have not been the greatest in terms of blending and manipulating different looks but this palette allowed all that - for a minute I thought I was a pro!


W7 "In the Buff" Eyeshadow Palette
It comes in a tin case with the name embossed on the front and the names of each shade on the reverse side. There is a double ended makeup applicator - one end with a brush, the other with a sponge (which I'm not a fan of as it feels flimsy), but no mirror I'm afraid. A clear film is placed over the shadows as a protective barrier but overall the packaging is quite industrial.

Now obviously as with most of the cheaper (drugstore) brands they may not match up to the gladiator of shadows - Urban Decay, but seriously I think you can cut some slack for this palette. I have experienced a tiny bit of fallout but nothing that I wasn't able to blend out, however the pigmentation is unbelievable for the price. I was surprised at its staying power with and without the use of an eye primer.

12 - Shades (L-R): Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder, Onyx.

The 12 eye shadows come in a range of nudes/browns/bronze/golds in a mix of 9 shimmery and 3 matte colours. These warm colours were very complimentary for my complexion and in my opinion it works really well with darker skin tones. This palette gives you the opportunity to have a simple natural look for the day and by adding a bit of highlight and smoke, a very sultry vamp look for the night.

W7 "In the Buff" Swatches (Left - Right)
9 Shimmers: Camel, Sand, Dust, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder
3 Mattes: Buff, Chocolate, Onyx

You can buy this palette at Next stores, ebay, or Amazon - prices may vary between £5.99 - £8 depending on where purchased.

Overall I think as you become a more seasoned makeup enthusiast you may outgrow it, however, I think this palette is a very versatile one that I believe for a beginner is the perfect starter palette. Hopefully I will be graduating to the major leagues once my techniques get better ;-).



Have you tried the "In the Buff" palette by W7? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment - Let us get a discussion started!